[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: livecd persistence

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 14:57:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 16:40 -0500, Douglas McClendon wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Had a chance to look at cleaning up the patches any?  If not, I'll take
> > a stab the first of next week as I really want to get the basic bits in
> > for test2 :)
>
> I've been waiting to put turboLiveInst to rest, as my approach may
> involve devicemapper tricks, which I need to make sure you are
> comfortable with reviewing before I waste any time implementing them.

Comfort of reviewing isn't something to worry about -- I'm okay with
device-mapper as appropriate, I just sometimes think that there are
better approaches than always using it (eg, actually making it so that
sparseness is understood, etc).

> Also, I need to make sure that this asdas at redhat.com person doesn't have
> useful persistence code, which I would be wasting my time duplicating if
> not necessary.

I haven't seen any code either...  but if they have it, now's the time
to get it out there.  I'm planning on getting _something_ in for
persistence this week.  If there's more than one patch so that we can
look at alternate approaches and pull together all of the best aspects
of each, that's fine.  If there's just one, then we can iterate and get
it to a good place.

> Lastly, wouldn't test2 require an approved feature?  I've been holding
> off myself due to no feedback regarding the attached mail

There's not a feature on the table for it right now because I didn't
feel it was something that could be committed to.  We'll get the code
ready and then can go forward with it being a more official feature with
all the accompanying stuff that it entails.  And I can drive that to
avoid your CLA questions.