[Fedora-livecd-list] SRPMS for installed RPMs?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 15:39:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:26:18 -0400
Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> If you know you're going to be using sources initially, you could
> include src in your arch list.  And then do filtering later.
>
> > Now you're going to say "fix it in yum instead" and that's fine,
> > that's a reasonable answer.  May not be an easy task either.
> >
> > We could make it not throw out those packages and make consumers of
> > _getSacks do the filtering on their own.
>
> This seems like it's probably the best approach just from 2 seconds
> worth of thinking about it.

Which now that I think about it gets us back up to suggestion #1.

> > We could try to get yum objects to be able to 'reset' themselves.
>
> How is a reset different, though, than just creating a new object?

Well you don't have to feed it all the config stuff over again, don't
have to build up the logging system, don't have to re-add all the repos
and such.  It's a time and memory savor.

I'm going to play with just adding 'src' to my arch list and doing my
own filtering for a bit.

--
Jesse Keating