[Fedora-livecd-list] liveinst , where does it get it's kickstart file from?

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Thu Aug 23 01:57:37 UTC 2007

Jon Steer wrote:
> I would like to customize the kickstart file that anaconda uses during
> a liveinst install of my liveCD.

There is no kickstart.  It copies the installed (ext3 file)system right
from the livecd onto the disk.

Alternately you can launch anaconda yourself with a kickstart, assuming
it defines the appropriately visable network repos.

I've had thoughts about kickstart applied the filesystem copy method.
It might be doable with code similar to what livecd-creator uses for
it's "base-on-iso" codepath.  The only benefit there, is that it
wouldn't hit the network for packages already installed on the iso.

-dmc