[Fedora-livecd-list] liveinst fails after resize of image

mdda Fedora.Nabble at PLATFORMedia.com
Fri Dec 7 13:17:25 UTC 2007

I have created a new Fedora spin 'EeeDora' specifically for the EeePC.  The
Live Image boots fine (very fine).  Live install works in manual mode, but
with a kickstart file (I'd like to make this completely automatic) Anaconda
goes through the installation (writing packages=100%), but gives an
exception in the last stages.  This leaves the machine in an unusable state.

What appears to be happening is that the root fs is not being mounted on
/mnt/sysimage/ after the resize.  Looking at /dev/sda1, I can see everything
got installed up to that stage.

anaconda None exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 1202, in write
    f = open (prefix + "/etc/fstab", "w")
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/livecd.py", line 313, in doPostInstall
    anaconda.id.fsset.write(anaconda.rootPath)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/backend.py", line 195, in doPostInstall
    anaconda.backend.doPostInstall(anaconda)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 203, in moveStep
    rc = stepFunc(self.anaconda)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 126, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1048, in nextClicked
    self.anaconda.dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/progress_gui.py", line 67, in renderCallback
    self.intf.icw.nextClicked()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1075, in handleRenderCallback
    self.currentWindow.renderCallback()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/sysimage/etc/fstab'

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14207396/error1 error1

Just me hacking around... : If I force ext2 partitions to be mounted (by
jamming isMountable() ) then anaconda gets to complete - but the machine is
still unbootable because /dev/root doesn't get created/found properly.

Can someone shed some light on this?  My knowledge of Python approaches
zero, so it's tricky to sort this out (particularly since I'm doing this on
the small keyboard of the Eee, booted on the live image...)

Thanks
Martin
:-)