[Fedora-livecd-list] two errors in liveinst

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Fri Dec 7 23:45:03 UTC 2007

Just to say this first: Due to the current openssl rebuild marathon this
problems maybe already fixed. My used anaconda version was
anaconda-11.4.0.4-2. The second thing is that I'm trying this from one of my
first version of my kde4-livecd tries. So maybe the error lies elsewhere.

But to go ahead: I get this error message when starting "liveinst" directly
from command line:

FATAL: Module md not found.
/usr/sbin/liveinst: line 40: /usr/sbin/swapoff: No such file or directory
  No volume groups found
Probing for video card:   nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440]
19:12:12 Starting graphical installation...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/anaconda", line 861, in <module>
    anaconda.id = instClass.installDataClass(anaconda, extraModules,
anaconda.methodstr, opts.display_mode, anaconda.backend)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/instdata.py", line 314, in __init__
    self.reset()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/instdata.py", line 90, in reset
    stat.S_ISBLK(os.stat("/dev/live")[stat.ST_MODE]):
NameError: global name 'stat' is not defined

If I should open a bug for that, please let me know.

Sebastian