[Fedora-livecd-list] I installed the latest master. syntax error on install...

Tan Swee Heng thesweeheng at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 14:33:00 UTC 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 2:24 PM, dcw <dwoody1 at charter.net> wrote:
> I am installing this on a Centos 5.1 system.
> The out output from the install follows:
>
> Compiling //usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py ...
>   File "//usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line 565
>     finally:
>           ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

See http://docs.python.org/ref/try.html: "Changed in version 2.5: In
previous versions of Python, try...except...finally did not work.
try...except had to be nested in try...finally." Like Gary said, you
need to use Python 2.5 since the code uses the new syntax.

There are more details at http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0341/.

Swee Heng