[Fedora-livecd-list] Creating a Fedora livecd with modified kernel source

Sriram Kailasam sriram_ka at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 24 19:09:09 UTC 2007

Objective:
   To create a custom Fedora Live CD with modified kernel source.

Problem:
   System:
        - Fedora Core 7
   Tools:
        - livecd-creator
        - createrepo

   Steps performed:
      1. I am creating a repository containing the modified kernel rpm + other required rpms using the createrepo command.
            * createrepo /opt/repository
            * /opt/repository contains modified kernel rpm and other required rpms.
      2. Then we are creating an iso using livecd-creator with the minimal kickstart file provided.
           * livecd-creator -c /usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-minimal.ks
           * The error we are getting is
                  umount: /var/tmp/livecd-creator-0I9s69/install_root: device is busy                  umount: /var/tmp/livecd-creator-0I9s69/install_root: device is busy                  ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: Device or resource busy                  Traceback (most recent call last):                  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 1603, in <module>                  sys.exit(main())                  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 1575, in main                  target.install()                  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 948, in install                  self.installPackages()                  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 602, in installPackages
                 %(self.build_dir, subdir)):                 OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/tmp/livecd-creator-0I9s69/install_root/etc/lvm/cache'
Please let me know the correct procedure of "how to create a Livecd with modified kernel source"

Thanks in advance
Sriram