[Fedora-livecd-list] Possible OK Button (A11y) Bug

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Feb 21 21:36:08 UTC 2007

I booted into FC7T1 LiveCD the other day for the first time.
Fortunately, I had someone looking over my shoulder! <grin> Please read
on.

Part way through the boot an error came up about accessibility support.
It's enabled by default, the error said, but the AT-SPI module required
for a11y support was missing. "Press OK to continue," the message said.

1.)	I am particularly delighted to see a11y on by default, of
course. I would be. I do recall this was a testing decision for Gnome
2.17. But that raises another point: If not on after release, is there
thought on how would handle this need on the fly?

2.)	The real problem I encountered may be much more than missing
AT-SPI. The OK button was not keyboardable, meaning I could not press
enter to dismiss it. I had to get my sighted colleague to put the mouse
cursor on it and click it away.

Here's my concern: Is this possibly only this dialog? Or any similar
"missing something or other" dialog? If the latter, do I Bugzilla this
in Gnome? On Fedora?

Or, was my laptop keyboard just not working yesterday and the button
dismisses perfectly well with the enter key?

Thanks for all guidance on this. It's a major issue for a11y support.

PS: Did I say how thrilled I am to see a11y listed in the LiveCD feature
set?

Janina

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina at a11y.org

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina at a11y.org