[Fedora-livecd-list] Failed to create LiveCD

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Mon Jan 8 23:45:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 18:17 -0500, Adam Dutko wrote:
> /var/log/messages:Jan  7 21:11:37 laptop kernel: Buffer I/O error on
> device loop0, logical block 772842
> /var/log/messages:Jan  7 21:11:37 laptop kernel: lost page write due
> to I/O error on loop0

The response from kernel people to a _loop device_ experiencing I/O
errors was: "cute". They suggested your system is either OOM or you're
running of disk space / disk quota. Is this the case?

Note that the files backing the loop devices are sparse files so the
creation of them works even when you don't have enough free space. The
reason for sparse files is that we don't have to spend time writing 4GB
of zero's to a file.

      David