[Fedora-livecd-list] Failed to create LiveCD

Adam Dutko dutko.adam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 01:52:57 UTC 2007

"That's the problem. The livecd-creator tools uses a temporary directory in
/var/tmp/livecd-creator/build-<random> so you need at least 3GB free disk
space in /var. One way to get out of this mess is to add more disk space to
your system and symlink /var/tmp/livecd-creator into that."

I'm using LVM, so I'll just resize.  Thanks for the fix.  I'll try that now
and abandon my other "debug" ideas for now...  If it doesn't work, I'll
trudge on with the previous paths.

"(Your partitioning scheme is weird. Personally, I always just have / as a
single file system such as not to run into issues like these. YMMV.)"

I try to separate all of my data from my OS as much as possible.  Makes
recovery much easier, and upgrades.  Also, if my /home directory gets hosed,
or if my system gets compromised (worm, virus, etc.) then I can simple clean
up and get back up with minimal down-time.

"Oh.. If anyone got a patch for checking there is enough free disk space in
/var/tmp/livecd-creator please come forward. It would be nice to bail out
with a nice error message."

I'm working on a potential one right now.

Also, what does "YMMV" mean???

-Adam