[Fedora-livecd-list] Failed to create LiveCD

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Wed Jan 10 18:33:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 19:23 +0100, Vnpenguin wrote:
> On 1/9/07, David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 06:59 +0100, Vnpenguin wrote:
> > > It's a good idea. However, I think about another method: make building
> > > folder (build_dir) become customizable, so user has all liberty to
> > > choose that according to his system.
> >
> > No. We're not going to add options just for the sake of.. adding
> > options :-).
> >

> I just do: --builddir=/foo/livecd-build :)

Normally when people ask for options that I don't think are necessary I
point them to this article

 http://ometer.com/free-software-ui.html

The write-up is about user interfaces but so much of it (especially the
section "The Question of Preferences") rings true in this case as well.
Just say no to superfluous options.

     David