[Fedora-livecd-list] How 10-fedora-livecd-base.conf operates as opposed to 20-fedora-livecd-gnome.conf

Amir Sela amirse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 10:57:01 UTC 2007

Hi,
I've been trying to figure out the way livecd-creator works, and generally
it's going well, other than one thing. The way I understood it, the post)
segment runs to configure the livecd once it's created. That makes sense
to me and I plan to implement it myself. This is how it works in
10-fedora-livecd-base.conf. But why does 20-fedora-livecd-gnome.conf has
this elaborate scheme of creating /etc/init.d/livecd inside the livecd, and
then deleting it? I assume this runs somehow, but first of all I don't see how
it runs (init.d scripts, AFAIK, run when you actually boot the system, and since
it gets deleted in the next sections and removed from /etc/rc?.d, why would it
run?). Second, even if it does run (which it obviously does), why implement it
like that and not like 10-fedora-livecd-base.conf script?
I hope I'm making some sense... To make it short and sweet - it looks like
there's an implementation difference between 10 and 20 and I don't see why,
or how it works in 20..
Any explanations would be great.
Thanks a lot,

 -Amir