[Fedora-livecd-list] Errors about sata & usbhid kernel mod

Vnpenguin vnpenguin at vnoss.org
Sat Jan 20 18:38:20 UTC 2007

Hi,
When try to build a customized livecd, I see there are error messages
about "sata" & "usbhid" modules.

In script "livecd-creator", there is :

        # Create initramfs
        #
        os.system("/bin/cp /usr/lib/livecd-creator/mayflower
%s/install_root/sbin/mayflower"%(self.build_dir))
        os.system("/bin/cp /usr/lib/livecd-creator/run-init
%s/install_root/sbin/run-init"%(self.build_dir))
        # modules needed for booting (this is butt ugly and we need to
retrieve this from elsewhere, e.g. the kernel)
        mayflowerconf = open(self.build_dir +
"/install_root/etc/mayflower.conf", "w")
        mayflowerconf.write('MODULES+="cdrom ide-cd ahci loop
dm_snapshot squashfs ext3 ehci_hcd uhci_hcd ohci_hcd usb_storage
sd_mod sr_mod usbhid ata_piix "\n')
        mayflowerconf.write('MODULES+="sata_mv sata_qstor sata_sis sata_uli"\n')
        mayflowerconf.write('MODULES+="sata_nv sata_sil24 sata_svw sata_via"\n')
        mayflowerconf.write('MODULES+="sata_promise sata_sil sata_sx4
sata_vsc"\n')
        mayflowerconf.close()

I have to add a space at the end of two lines:

        mayflowerconf.write('MODULES+="sata_mv sata_qstor sata_sis
sata_uli "\n')
        mayflowerconf.write('MODULES+="sata_nv sata_sil24 sata_svw
sata_via "\n')

and all errors related to "sata" modules disapear. But there is still
error message about "usbhid" module. I don't know how to fix that.
Maybe because of missing of this module in kernel (I use
2.6.19-1.2895.fc6).

In spite of this error message about "usbhid" module, the cd works well :)

Thanks
--
http://vnoss.org