[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- 'persistance' is on LiveCD wishlist - what does it mean?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Jul 19 09:25:56 UTC 2007

Douglas McClendon wrote:
> Your preferred use case is certainly as valid or even moreso than the
> one I presented.  But having both options seems ideal.  Also, there may
> be an issue with usbflash data, and that in some instances it might be
> better to have it be mostly preburned as squashfs, rather than treated
> as a normal ext3fs.  I.e. the whole jffs2 thing.

Well, I'm not against anything here, I'm sorry if it looked that way. It
just doesn't look like it's worth the effort to me personally.

> Personally I rather like the idea of having my personal core system on
> read-only media, with just my homedir on flash.

Right, that makes sense. A home directory from flash would be nice, but
it wouldn't be really 'system persistence' would it? yum install foo and
yum remove bar will not have foo and will have bar after a reboot, right?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip