[Fedora-livecd-list] Manually switching to real root from eshell

Mohammed_Khan at Dell.com Mohammed_Khan at Dell.com
Wed Jun 6 14:15:13 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I have been playing around with learning how initramfs switches to the
os.img in the squashfs.img

I tried to use the eshell kernel cmdline param and then run
/sbin/run-init various ways but I havent been able to get it to switch
to real root and boot correctly.

Of course, if I type exit and let the /init script continue, it boots
through just fine!

I would appreciate if someone can give me pointers on how I can trigger
this from eshell correctly.

Thanks,

Moe k