[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator, revisor fail to build a CD

timm gleason uranushertz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:08:35 UTC 2007

> You should not use the system's yum configuration when using Revisor. Instead,
> edit /etc/revisor/revisor.conf and /etc/revisor/conf.d/*
>
> > i want to be able to do these from the command line.
> >

> Revisor has just recently re-enabled it's CLI which hadn't been given much
> love since the beginning because the GUI of course was the eye-catcher.
> There is a more up-to-date package in the updates-testing or development
> repository. To build Revisor from source use the document on:
>
> http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/documentation/building-revisor-from-source/

This is all well and good. I didn't know about the /etc/revisor/conf.d
files. However, I do not wish to use revisor for making the livecd images.
Revisor does stuff that I do not wish to happen. Like, copying all the rpms
from a local repo (See: copy of Fedora 7 DVD on hard disk) to another, temp
directory. All I want to do is build the livecd image. That is why I asked
specifically about livecd-creator, that is where my posted error came from.

Also, to clarify, I had only tried using Revisor to build a 'minimal' live
image. When I tried to build say a desktop image, it hung up in a similar
way, after the fs was formatted, during the install of packages.

Sorry for the confusion,

Timm