[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator complaining about older version of kernel rpm

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 14:41:58 UTC 2007

After some experimentation I found that "--exclude-package=kernel" allowed me to
work around the problem. I was able to make a live CD that included systemtap on
it using the following command:

  livecd-creator
--repo=c6,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/
--repo=c6di,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/debug/
--repo=c6_upd,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/
--repo=c6_updi,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/debug/
--repo=lcd6,http://people.redhat.com/davidz/livecd/i386/
--repo=e6,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/
--package=fedora-livecd-gnome --package=kernel-debuginfo --package=kernel-devel
--exclude-package=kernel --package=systemtap
--fslabel=Fedora-6-Zod-LiveCD-1-stap5  >& livecd-stap5.log &

It looks like something in livecd-creator is thinking that it needs to pull in
the other older kernel rpm in the updates.

-Will