[Fedora-livecd-list] spin configurations (relating to recent yum and kickstart patches)

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 22:43:42 UTC 2007

Jeremy,

   I brought this question up at fudcon, and it relates a bit to this
yum patch, and a bit to your kickstart patch.  Really its a bit more
like 2 questions.

1) Do you forsee the system installation code within anaconda and
livecd creator merging at any point, or staying divergent?  Phrased
another way, do you ever see something like anaconda --rootpath
replacing the installer code in livecd-creator?  (or just generally
coming to a point where there is a single code path to install
generated system images)

2) Where do the spin differentiation / configurations exist in relation
to pungi, and how do you see these relating to _livecd_ spin
differentiation/configurations (which I visualize currently as
differing kickstart files).

I suppose one issue that would clarify both of these, would be the
theoretical possibility of something like the current livecd installer
replacing the traditional anaconda install mechanism.  Were that to
happen, then it seems like the spin differentiation / configuration for
the major spins, would just be different kickstart files.  Do you see
things going in this direction, or some other direction?

-dmc/jdog