[Fedora-livecd-list] Security LiveCD

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 00:25:15 UTC 2007

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 10:42:34PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Luke Macken wrote:
> >I started piecing together a Fedora Security LiveCD, designed for
> >security auditing, penetration testing, and forensics.  See my blog
> >post and the wiki page for more information:
> >
> >    http://lewk.org/blog/2007/03/04/security-livecd
> >    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LukeMacken/SecurityLiveCD
> >
> >{comments,suggestions,patches} welcome.
>
> I read that pages and blog earlier. Excellent work. You seem to using a
> relatively older version of Live CD tool. The newer versions use
> kickstart for configuration. Same for pungi too.

Interesting.  Where might I be able to find the latest version?  I simply
followed the FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo[0], which pointed me to davidz's
RH people page[1].

> Have you looked at
> what other security/hardening focused distributions and especially live
> cd's do? Is it just a matter of putting in a bunch of related packages
> or is there any special configuration being done on other distributions
> in the same space?

I've only played around a little bit with Backtrack[2], which
contains a *ton* of tools, accessible menu entries for them, Save2CD
support, John MPI instant cluster, among many other features.

luke

[0]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo
[1]: http://people.redhat.com/davidz/livecd/
[2]: http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack.html