[Fedora-livecd-list] live DVD

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 16:44:44 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 15:23 +0100, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> I've got just a short question: Is creating of a live dvd possible with
> the current version of livecd-creator (001-3)?
>
> A few minutes ago I've tried to create one. The size of the packages to
> be downloaded was 1.0 Gb. Then yum fails with an transaction error.
> There should not be enough free space on the filesystem.

The big thing right now stopping it is the hard-coded 3 gig os.img.
Making it possible to specify that should be pretty straight-forward --
if someone wanted to take a crack at the patch, it would be good.  My
personal preference would be to specify something like "part / --size
5000" or whatever in the kickstart config and if that's not specified,
we can fallback to something sensible much like we do now.

If no one gets to it first, I will eventually.