[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: patch review and move of livecd scm

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 04:57:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 12:10 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> It's working fine for me here with a fresh clone...  do you have more
> information on said exceptions?  Attached patch should make it so that
> you get a traceback instead of just a printout of "something bad
> happened".  Since that should help a lot when people actually have
> problems.

I've committed this, thanks. I'm still getting

        ERROR during installation...
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "./livecd-creator", line 785, in main
            if not target.installPackages(packages, epackages, groups):
          File "./livecd-creator", line 466, in installPackages
            self.ayum.selectGroup(grp, inc)
          File "./livecd-creator", line 218, in selectGroup
            yum.YumBase.selectGroup(self, grp)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 1417, in selectGroup
            raise Errors.GroupsError, "No Group named %s exists" % grpid
        GroupsError: No Group named core exists

which at least is somewhat useful. Perhaps this is because I'm using a
local RPM repo that I've ran createrepo on myself? For the record, I'm
able to get a bit further if I choose to only install the bash and the
kernel package.

     David