[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: patch review and move of livecd scm

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 21:52:41 UTC 2007

On Thursday 08 March 2007 16:25:25 Bill Nottingham wrote:
> For a *live CD* I believe this is less of a concern, as, while the
> fact that you can install software is neat, it's not the main selling
> point.
>
> Now, if you start thinking about a live USB stick, this changes. Of
> course, that doesn't have the same space constraints.

LiveCD matters as one can install to the system from the LiveCD, and they'll
be left with an install that cannot do multilib without installing a bunch
more stuff.  If it weren't for the fact that the LiveCD is installable (and
by the looks of our download numbers many people may be taking that route) I
probably wouldn't have that much objection.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora