[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator (git) and selinux

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 19:45:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 15:51 +0100, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> Just a small question: Should selinux be enabled on the host system or doesn't
> it matter? I'm asking because I have problems with selinux since I use the
> git version. On my rawhide installation selinux is normally disabled and I
> also don't have much experience with selinux itself or interpreting the
> errors.

If you don't have SELinux enabled (at least in permissive mode), then
you're not going to be able to label the filesystem of the live CD as
you can only set filesystem labels with a policy loaded.

So, short answer, yeah, you have to at least have SELinux in permissive
mode to create a live CD with SELinux enabled