[Fedora-livecd-list] liveinst conflicts with anaconda

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 23 21:49:27 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 23 March 2007 17:29:37 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> It was in the Fedora 7 Test 2 live cd. I got it when I installed it to
>> my hard disk. Doing a yum update today results in a conflict. Why should
>> a end user run into this?
>
> Trying to expect sane paths from anything less then Test3 is pretty
> unreasonable.

It is not unreasonable at all. The liveinst package should have been on
the officially repositories. The review and the process was bypassed to
get test 2 on time which is fine but let's not use that as a excuse not
to add a simple obsolete to Anaconda to ensure that users can update
properly. We should strive to provide sane updates paths from every
release to every release regardless of whether it is a test or not. It
might not be possible in some corner cases which this is not. Our end
users and testers deserve more respect for their time.

Rahul