[Fedora-livecd-list] No init after installation [WAS: Fedora7-Test3-KDE (proposal)]

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Tue Mar 27 10:53:41 UTC 2007

Am Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:21:13 +0200
schrieb Sebastian Vahl <ml at deadbabylon.de>:

> Ok. There is no package missing. But I have no idea what is getting
> wrong. If I chroot into the new installed partition (no matter if from
> normal installation or from livecd) and reinstall the kernel, this
> installation boots then. If I compare the extracted initrds before and
> after reinstalling the kernel the only difference is, that the last
> one doesn't contain dm-mirror.ko, dm-mod.ko,dm-snapshot.ko,
> dm-zero.ko (I'm not using lvm on my host). And in the init itself
> sdb1 is replaced with LABEL=/1 in mkrootdev.
>
> Is there a way to tell liveinst/anaconda to be very verbose?
> --loglevel=debug inserted in /usr/sbin/liveinst does not produce
> interesting logs.

Here is a "screenshot" from the error. The next point there
normally should be to start "Red Hat nash":
http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p3210195gi7.jpg

I've also tried a two days old version without the groups in kickstart
file. This one does not show the error and that confuses me. Maybe the
error is produced by a package that do not exist in old version?

Sebastian