[Fedora-livecd-list] No init after installation [WAS: Fedora7-Test3-KDE (proposal)]

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 14:31:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 15:47 +0200, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> It seems to be a selinux thing. When installing with selinux enabled
> there are no entries in auditd.log. But booting from the new
> installation is not possible. When booting the livecd with enforcing=0
> there are still no entries in audit.log but the new installation could
> boot.

Weird... the KDE disc I spun overnight with your config seems to be okay
aside from being too big for a CD.

> With the first installation I've tried to recreate the initrd inside a
> chroot into this partition. when using /sbin/newkernel-package,
> setroubleshoot gives me the attached error. After doing an "restorecon
> -v /lib/ld-linux.so.2" (inside chroot) I don't get the error and the new
> created initrd is working.

/sbin/new-kernel-package isn't quite going to do the right thing for the
live CD case unfortunately as it won't create the "live initramfs" and
instead just generate a "normal" one.

> I will check my hostsystem. The error must be there, I think.

Yeah, sounding like it...  sorry I don't have any ideas off-hand of what
it could be :-/