[Fedora-livecd-list] Livecd-creator attempts to install olders kernel when adding packages to an ISO

Elias Hunt hunt at m2s.com
Tue May 1 18:16:19 UTC 2007

LiveCD List,

This may be a silly or repeated question but I've been unable to find
any useful information when searching.

We've just started trying to use the livecd-creator tool rather than
custom building a bootable cd as we have in the past. I'm the lucky one
that gets to make it all work. So far things have gone mostly well and I
was able to setup the custom configuration file and build the RPM
package. The first run of livecd-creator goes without error and creates
an ISO. However when I got to add another package to the ISO using the
"--base-on" flag, livecd-creator attempts to install the kernel again,
except it picks an older version and causes an error. Output is included
below. And I'm happy to provide other documentation if it were useful. I
should mention that I'm using FC 6 with livecd-tools-001-1.

Our end goal here is to have a baseline ISO, that we can then apply a
per-device "configuration" package to as needed, keeping the base ISO
always the same.

I'm open to any help or suggestions from anyone in the community.

Thanks in advance.

-Eli

Output from failed invocation:

-------------------------------------

livecd-creator --repo=c6,file:///repo/c6
--repo=c6_upd,file:///repo/c6_upd --repo=m2s,file:///tmp/m2s-repo/
--base-on=m2s-base.iso --package=m2s-customizations --fslabel=system1

=====

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
Size

=====

Installing:

 kernel                  i686       2.6.20-1.2933.fc6  lcdr_c6_upd
16 M

Transaction Summary

=====

Install      1 Package(s)

Update       0 Package(s)

Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 16 M

Transaction Check Error:

  package kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 (which is newer than
kernel-2.6.20-1.2933.fc6) is already installed

Error Summary

Error installing packages

Error during installation...

--