[Fedora-livecd-list] FC6 Customization - 1st steps

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Mon May 7 07:52:39 UTC 2007

Isamar Maia wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am familiar with installation CD customization for FC3(genhdlist's
> times).
> And now, I am just starting with FC6.
>
> Now, I am just trying to remove some package and add another one
> under Fedora/RPMS folder.
>
> I did that already playing also with ks.cfg and "createrepo -g
> ../../base/comps.xml ." into
> the RPMs directory.
>
> Some doubts:
>
> 1) How do I check all the rpm packages dependencies of what I added
> and removed in the RPMS folder ?
> 2) Everytime I change the RPMs folder's content, should I rerun
> "createrepo -g" ?
> 3) Based on  regular installation from the original FC6 DVD I changed
> the bottom of my ks.cfg to:
> %packages
> @base-x
> @gnome-desktop
> @brazilian-support
> @portuguese-suporte
> comps-extras
>
> Now, during the installation, anaconda is complaining that cannot
> found "comps-extras". Also /mnt/source directory is not being
> successfully mounted.
>
> Any clue?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Isamar
>
> --
Hi Isamar:

In think if you are just trying to make a CD customization of fedora,
"pungi" is the tool for you
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi.  Pungi is basically a
tool to spin fedora installation trees and isos.  It has the capability
of creating CD  and DVD installations.  I'm pretty sure that pungi is
contained in the FC7 repositories or you can download it from the
webpage.  I haven't used pungi in FC6 and I don't know if you have to
have additional considerations to work in FC6.

Regards
Joel.