[Fedora-livecd-list] FC6 Customization - 1st steps

Vladimir Shebordaev vladimir.shebordaev at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:42:28 UTC 2007

Hi, Isamar,

I happened to be recently engaged in the project alike. The
things were a little more complicated in my case. They wanted
custom rpms to be included and the most recent packages to be
already there. I've managed to coupe with it at last.

It seems you should edit comps.xml file to modify installation
options such as default packages to be installed or software
groups and categories as they shown up to the user. Then you
should create yum repository based on this new comps.xml. If you
like you can include CD/DVD media id and embed MD5 checksum into
the disk image. You should also tweak anaconda to accept your new
repository at installation time probably following the procedure
described on Pungi wiki pages.

In the hope it helps.

Regards,
Vladimir