[Fedora-livecd-list] Netboot

Aaron Hanson a.hanson at f5.com
Mon May 7 17:23:50 UTC 2007

Hi All -

    I though this would have been discussed by now but I couldn't find
any relevant threads in the archive. I would like to boot the entire
livecd image via network. To my basic understanding, the simplest way to
do this might be:

-- copy everything from the squashfs image into the (much expanded)
initrd.img
-- use pxelinux instead of isolinux as the boot loader

    I've been looking at the Mayflower script, trying to figure out if
it will panic if there is no squashfs to mount. It looks like it might
work but there is a lot there I don't understand.

    Has anyone tried something like this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

-Aaron

P.S. It is difficult to search the archive month by month. Does anybody
know of a way to search by year, or search the entire mailing list
archive?