[Fedora-livecd-list] Interrupted livecd-creator leaves hungloopback mount

Elias Hunt hunt at m2s.com
Tue May 15 20:16:23 UTC 2007

Andy,

I hit the same problems while testing against T4. I don't remember if I
performed a lazy unmount first or dumped the loop device. But
effectively you need to clear the loop device to tidy things up.

losetup -d /dev/loop0

If that alone doesn't allow you to unmount, or that fails with a mount
issue, try running unmount with the "-l" flag for lazy unmount. That
clears the mount from the mount tables without waiting on processes.

-Eli