[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi & nash

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Wed May 16 01:24:30 UTC 2007

dexter wrote:
> Kadischi uses nash but doesnt copy over its shared libs
> which result in failure to exec. Can busybox not provide the same
> functionality hence not requiring initrd bloat ???

Actually the intention was to use NASH and mkinitrd from the system.
Since patches were rejected for --libs and --binaries to be included in the
initramfs for mkinitrd, there is no way to insert find-live-cd or any
libraries
it might need into the initramfs, requireing unarchiving of the
initramfs and insertion
of these files.

While this may be an option, it just hasn't happenned yet.
In any case, this should be fixed in CVS.
I've switched to using NASH exclusively rather than Busybox.

J. Hartline