[Fedora-livecd-list] Error while installing the livecd-tools

Vladimir Shebordaev vladimir.shebordaev at gmail.com
Fri May 18 21:56:05 UTC 2007

Lars,

I meant I've upgraded python to the version in question, built
from source rpm and installed pykickstart-0.96.. Some
intermediate version of livecd-tools appeared to be working with
the original anaconda. It was about a month ago, when Jeremy
hasn't yet introduced livecd method to anaconda... It is the
point, anaconda is *very* release sensitive and depends on a
dozen packages... So, in order to make the most recent
livecd-tools from FC7 development tree work for the earlier
Fedora Core releases you must incorporate livecd.py method into
original anaconda, rebuild the anaconda rpms and reinstall 'em.
Then you might want to build and install livecd-tools and try
different kickstart scripts... There is probably another way but
this one looks the most feasible to me.

I guess you've got the most core binary packages from your FC6
installation (partially) upgraded to FC7.. Well, probably, you've
got original emacs binary that has been built against the FC6
shared libraries but the latter has been replaced by yum update,
so.. Who knows.. But you'd better backup your original FC6
installation before such a hazardous experiment.

Regards,
Vladimir