[Fedora-livecd-list] firstboot & X login invisible fonts from KDE LiveCD hd install

David Kewley kewley at gps.caltech.edu
Tue May 29 02:36:09 UTC 2007

Long story short, I installed the Fedora 7 RC2 KDE LiveCD image to my hard
drive.  Booting from the hard drive for the first time, firstboot comes up
800x600, with menu, button, and paragraph fonts about 3 pixels high --
totally unreadable.  All the graphics and screen layout elements look normal
size, much, much bigger than the text.  The initial login screen comes up
1920x1080 (because it's hooked up to my HD TV via VGA), but the text is
again tiny compared to the graphics and layout.  It seems to be around 5
pixels high in this case.

I don't see any other reports about this in fedora-livecd, fedora-devel,
fedora-test, nor Bugzilla.  Is it worth putting into Bugzilla, or should I
somehow contact members of the KDE SIG (how?), or what?

By the way, fedora-livecd-list is not listed on
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/ -- is that deliberate?

Thanks,
David

P.S. Learned a bunch of other stuff along the way, because this is my first
experience with a few technologies:

* Fedora 7 (last used FC5 until this weekend)
* Fedora LiveCD
* making a LiveCD image boot from a Compact Flash card
* using a Via Epia EN12000EG low-power Mini-ITX motherboard (idle in
  runlevel 5, with dual-hd RAID 1: 16W power :)
* installing the LiveCD image to the hard drive
* tuning the case fan speed through software