[Fedora-livecd-list] Refactoring livecd-creator and providing an API

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 15:02:16 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 17:52 -0800, Jane Dogalt wrote:
> The thing of course is what you noted, and how it currently does nothing to set
> up booting.  I would like to see the same anaconda code that sets up booting,
> be available somehow (easily/intentionally) such that I could use it to finish
> generating a complete system image.  It may be interesting to ponder this, and
> the method I currently use - running traditional anaconda purely
> non-interactively under qemu, and then think about code sharing/duplication
> issues.

The code that anaconda uses for that is in booty.  Which is currently
separate, but at the same time, it's pretty dependent on some internal
anaconda bits unfortunately.  Cleaning that code up has been on the todo
list for a long time and unfortunately never seems to bubble to the top
of "important things"