[Fedora-livecd-list] if config onboot yes no vs. on off

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Wed Nov 21 05:23:58 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 21:29 -0800, Skunk Worx wrote:
>> I see livecd-creator writes default ONBOOT=on|off vs. the tried-n-true
>> yes or no to ifcfg-ethX based on the network options in the ks script.
>>
>> But the etc network init script looks for [Nn][Oo] in it's logic.
>>
>> Is this part of the continuing switch over to NetworkManager?
>
> No, this just sounds like a bug :-)

Oh ok I see the etc sysconfig network-scripts ifcfg-ethX files get
completely re-created at boot time anyway, using on|off, so changing
on|off in the livecd-creator code is not helpful, nor is trying to
disable the interfaces via the ks network keyword.

For now I am shipping my f7 with a custom /etc/init.d/network script
that ignores everything but eth0 and recognizes on|yes and off|no just
in case (ugh).

---
SW