[Fedora-livecd-list] unable to create install cd

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Nov 22 02:27:13 UTC 2007

Greg Haygood wrote:
> Hi, all - I've been struggling for a couple weeks now to be build a
> valid install CD set using revisor, but keep running into the same
> error.  I'm building under F7, trying to build either a CentOS5- or
> Fedora7-based image.  LiveCDs build and work fine, but the install CDs
> always faill at the same point.  I'm using kickstart, but it happens
> even if I use the regular boot option.  The blue screen for anaconda
> will popup, then I'll get:
>
> Running anaconda, the <image> system installer - please wait ...
> exec of anaconda failed: No such file or directory
> install exited abnormally [1/1]
> sending termination signals...done
> (parition unmounting...)
> you may safely reboot your system
>
> Googling for that exec error suggests that it's a package problem, but
> (as suggested by one post) even when I bloat up the manifest with every
> possible anaconda dependency, the error still occurs.  It also happens
> with the stock configs that come with revisor, so it doesn't seem like
> anything I could've munged.
>
> This has been happening for a few weeks now, and still with the 2.0.5-10
> from rawhide.

If you could run Revisor from a terminal with the --debug parameter the
output certainly could help a lot.

CC'ing the Revisor Users mailing list[1] as this might be more
appropriate to discuss there.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

[1] Revisor User Discussion and Support List
http://lists.fedoraunity.org/mailman/listinfo/revisor-users