[Fedora-livecd-list] Trimming the size of LiveCD's

Elias Hunt hunt at m2s.com
Wed Oct 3 13:04:24 UTC 2007

Jeremy,
Original patch had a typo. I've also moved the setting of excludedocs to
the top of the installPackages() function as suggested.

During testing I got this error:
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pykickstart/options.py:83:
DeprecationWarning: Ignoring deprecated option on line 14:  The
--excludedocs option has been deprecated and no longer has any effect.
It may be removed from future releases, which will result in a fatal
error from kickstart.  Please modify your kickstart file to remove this
option.
  warnings.warn(_("Ignoring deprecated option on line %(lineno)s:  The
%(option)s option has been deprecated and no longer has any effect.  It
may be removed from future releases, which will result in a fatal error
from kickstart.  Please modify your kickstart file to remove this
option.") % mapping, DeprecationWarning)

Are we sure that kickstart isn't planning to get rid of that option? Or
is this just a symptom of my using a Fedora 7 build system?

Either way, I've just completed a test burn and it appears that docs,
info and man pages were not installed to the CD, as expected. There were
some directories and symlinks created within those directories, but I'd
assume that is bad behavior in various RPMs and has nothing to do with
the functionality within livecd-creator.

Thanks.
-Eli