[Fedora-livecd-list] Possible solution to mbr problem

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Fri Oct 5 03:52:53 UTC 2007

I may have a solution on the mbr problem.   livecd-creator and
revisor seem to create the mbr for the livecd by copying /usr/lib/
syslinux/mbr.bin to the disk image.  A mbr should be 446 bytes but
the mbr on both systems I'm trying to master livecds with is 440
bytes.  Could someone (Jonathan?) who is able to create livecds with
livecd-creator or revisor check the size of their /usr/lib/syslinux/
mbr.bin?  I suspect it will be 446 bytes.  It may take some futzing
to figure out which rpm is corrupted and where it happened (my
repository server, somewhere upstream?) so if I talk someone into
tarring a copy and posting it to the list it probably be the quickest
resolution to my issue...

Tim