[Fedora-livecd-list] how to create kickstart file that will include TeXlive, development tools, kernel-devel, etc

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 20:25:41 UTC 2007

--- Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 20:02 -0700, Antonio Olivares
> wrote:
> > Can someone shed some light as to generate a
> kickstart
> > file like Chitlesh's to generate a livecd with
> > TeXlive, TeXMaker or Kile depending on whether one
> > uses Gnome or KDE, maxima, xmaxima and Wvmaxima
> which
> > needs/requires gnuplot, wine, etc. if possible
> with
> > the development tools as well to generate modules
> when
> > needed/compile programs that need kernel-devel
> > package, etc.  Size of the livecd does not matter
> as I
> > can use a liveDVD.  I have used Kadishi before and
> > today was my first adventure with live-cd tools as
> > have not generated a livecd for quite a while.  I
> do
> > follow the list and appreciate the contributions
> by
> > all the persons here.
>
> If you install livecd-tools, you'll see a whole
> batch of configs
> in /usr/share/livecd-tools.  From there, it should
> be pretty
> straight-forward to build on top of an existing
> config by either copying
> and creating your own file or just even having a
> config that is
>
>   %include
> /usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-desktop.ks
>   %packages
>   kile
>   gnuplot
>   %end
>
> Then, as the README in livecd-tools say, you just
> run with
>   livecd-creator --config=/path/to/my-config.ks
>
> Jeremy

Jeremy,

Thank you for your reply, I have done as you have
suggested, kile install, maxima installs, but tetex
shows up.  Wasn't TeXLive going to replace tetex?
LiveCd works well, except that it has tetex instead of
TeXLive.

Should I manually put in

@packages
texlive-texmf-latex-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-common-2007-0.9.fc8
texlive-texmf-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-2007-0.10.fc8
texlive-texmf-dvips-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-fonts-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-dvips-2007-0.10.fc8
texlive-dvips-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-fonts-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-common-2007-0.12.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-fonts-2007-0.10.fc8
texlive-latex-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-xdvi-2007-0.12.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-latex-2007-0.10.fc8

which are the ones present when I look at my
installation

[olivares at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa texlive
texlive-2007-0.13.fc8
[olivares at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa texlive*
texlive-texmf-latex-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-common-2007-0.9.fc8
texlive-texmf-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-2007-0.10.fc8
texlive-texmf-dvips-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-fonts-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-dvips-2007-0.10.fc8
texlive-dvips-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-fonts-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-texmf-common-2007-0.12.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-fonts-2007-0.10.fc8
texlive-latex-2007-0.13.fc8
texlive-xdvi-2007-0.12.fc8
texlive-texmf-errata-latex-2007-0.10.fc8
[olivares at localhost ~]$

Thanks,

Antonio