[Fedora-livecd-list] Anaconda settings for LiveCD install

Jon Steer jsteer at bitscout.com
Mon Sep 3 18:41:48 UTC 2007

I am creating a LAMP console-based livecd distro.

Since this is console based, I have run the problem where anaconda
assumes that the liveinst install will be X-based.

I originally thought I'd solve the problem by setting up a kickstart
file. Perhaps my kickstart wasn't         complete, but, my results
were that the kickstart was processed but no livecd install occurred.

Looking further in anaconda (livecd.py) I found this piece of hardcoding

anaconda.id.bootloader.args.append("rhgb quiet")
anaconda.id.desktop.setDefaultRunLevel(5)

Not being python-speaking folk, I don't know whether there is a
parameter I can hang around this to take away rhgb and runlevel 5 when
X isn't being installed.

Any thoughts?
jon

--
"Don't stand still, if you see me running down the road, 'cause there
is trouble right behind me".