[Fedora-livecd-list] does Fedora-7-Live CD provide a way to upgrade existing FC system? (FC4)

John Lumby johnlumby at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 23:02:53 UTC 2007

I'm trying to upgrade an FC4 system to Fedora 7 and thought the
Fedora-7-Live-i686.iso would be the way to do it.    But after booting the
Live CD, I don't see any option or  instructions or application program to
upgrade. Is there one? If so - what?

I am actually running the Live CD in a vmware virtual machine with virtual
CDRom mapped onto the iso image - it works fine but is rather slow, so not
easy for me to try experiments.    Hoping someone can simply say this is
what you have to do.     Pointers to relevant doc welcome.      Also, if
there is a way - can I run it in the old non-graphical curses mode like the
older Fedora installers?    Might be a bit faster than the graphical
interface, nice though it looks.

I saw this same question asked in the forum but with no reply, so hoping I
have a better chance of answer here.     I didn't see way of searching the
list archives, so apologies if asked already.

Thanks    John