[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- proposal for livecd filesystem layout changes

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 15:12:33 UTC 2007

On 9/20/07, Douglas McClendon <dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org> wrote:

> Another benefit is making the iso directory structure look nicer and
> more intuitively understandable for someone looking at it under windows.
>
> [...]
>
>  This also
> would make the usb/iso directory structure look cleaner and more
> intuitively understandable to less linux-guru users when they look at
> the directory structure under windows (or anywhere)

I'm not qualified to comment on whether filesystem path cleanups are
useful for other reasons, but I think the Windows thing is not an
interesting benefit.  We don't (or shouldn't) require non-developers
to interact with the directory structure, and developers will have to
understand things anyways.