[Fedora-livecd-list] IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/tmp/...'

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Sun Sep 23 20:46:08 UTC 2007

Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the past few days I've been unable to create a live image on my laptop.
> Is there something wrong with my machine or with the way I'm invoking
> livecd-creator?  I'm on F7 i386 with some rawhide stuff.
>
> $ sudo ../creator/livecd-creator --cache /tmp/fedoradevelcache -c livecd-fedora-developer.ks -f Fedora-Developer-20070923
> mke2fs 1.40.2 (12-Jul-2007)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/urlgrabber/grabber.py", line 1196, in _do_grab
>     else: new_fo = open(self.filename, 'wb')
> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/tmp/livecd-creator-G7ZrvX/install_root/var/cache/yum/development/primary.sqlite.bz2'

My first thoughts on debugging this would be to comment out the 3
"target.teardown()" calls at the bottom of livecd-creator, and then
rerun and do an ls -l on that permission denied file.

Maybe there should be a very hidden debugging option to disable the
teardown at exception?

You will of course have to manually unmount a bunch of loopback mounted
filesystems after doing that.

-dmc