[Fedora-livecd-list] udev selinux problem? "udevd_event selinux_setfilecon failed"

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Fri Sep 28 06:04:46 UTC 2007

I may yet file a bug, if I can provide instructions on how to reproduce
this.  But since I'm working from an extremely modified environment,
I'll just ask for general advice-

I've spun an selinux-enabled livecd, and upon starting up, and starting
udev, I get a whole bunch of 'errors' (perhaps harmless) that look
vaguely like the following-

udevd_event selinux_setfilecon failed permission denied /dev/usbdev....

I googled for selinux_setfilecon and found basically nothing.

Do these keywords ring a bell to anyone?

the /dev/usbdev... means that I get the same error half a dozen times
(seems relative to how many usb devices are plugged in) with various
non-intuitive incarnations of that filename.

-dmc