[Fedora-livecd-list] Don't Abort on Unresolved Dependencies

orion at cora.nwra.com orion at cora.nwra.com
Sat Apr 12 15:31:31 UTC 2008

> Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> Smith, Mark E CTR USAF AFMC AEDC/ATA wrote:
>>> I saw in a thread "How to ensure minimum version of packages?," 19
>>> March
>>> 2008, a reference to disabling abort for unresolved dependencies. How
>>> do
>>> you do that? I am working on a machine without internet access using
>>> local repositories. The repositories are not complete and collecting
>>> all
>>> the dependencies and putting them on the machine piecemeal is painful.
>>>

>> %packages --ignoredeps
>
> Wouldn't this keep it from trying to resolve any dependency chains,
> even the ones that _are_ present in the available repositories?

Mis-remembered the option.  From
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart?highlight=%28kickstart%29#head-72c36ffd538ba63e92e1bb696c4f296a23a45364

--ignoremissing

    * Ignore any packages or groups specified in the packages section that
are not found in any configured repository. The default behavior is to
halt the installation and ask the user if the installation should be
aborted or continued. This option allows fully automated installation
even in the error case. It is used as follows:

      %packages --ignoremissing