[Fedora-livecd-list] [livecd-creator] ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: Device or resource busy

Davidson Rodrigues Paulo davidsonpaulo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:11:10 UTC 2008

2008/4/16, Timo Penndorf <Timo.Penndorf at tu-dresden.de>:
>  lsof | grep install_root
>
>  On my system the file
>  /var/tmp/imgcreate-O5Rka3/install_root/lib/libnss_files-2.7.so
>  was still open so the unmount has to fail.

This is not happening here. It's interesting the fact I can't umount
install_root/ directory, but I can umount /dev/loopX after what I can
delete install_root/.

Another issue: I used /srv/revisor as the temp directory. /srv/revisor
is a separated partition. After livecd-creator execution I can't
umount /srv/revisor (device or resource busy) even if there is no
active mount points under it, and the disk space previously used
during the livecd creation process are not freed in any form,
requiring a system reboot.

I ran "lsof | grep revisor " but nothing was shown. Strange...

Right now, I'm installing Fedora 8 on a virtual machine to use
livecd-creator within. Want want to know if these problems are related
with hardware incompatibilities of kernel. What do you think?

Regards,

--
Davidson Paulo
Linux System Administrator