[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor creates a very large iso image

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Apr 22 08:11:47 UTC 2008

Lars Bjørndal wrote:
> Yes, it did!
>
> But when I now try to build a livecd, I get lots of questions if I
> want to continue even if packages like ppc64-utils, elilo, s390utils
> and many more does not exist. What should I do to eliminate this
> problem? I'm building on and for Fedora F8 i386 system.

These are packages listed in the group file, comps.xml, most likely
under @core or @base, and which are arch-specific (e.g. not available
for the architecture you are composing).

Start Revisor with --yes from the command-line, or specify %packages
--ignoremissing in the manifest.

Revisor would still complain about the missing packages, but it'll limit
itself to the terminal. It needs to complain some, as these missing
packages might result in something different then one would expect.
Maybe not in this case, but if you include third party packages that are
missing, you would want to know and abort before the compose finishes.

I'll add this to the documentation however.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip