[Fedora-livecd-list] Adding data to the generated ISO image

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Mon Feb 4 19:01:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:47:22 -0800 (PST) Asheesh Laroia
> <asheesh at creativecommons.org> wrote:
>
>> Does livecd-creator offer an option to stick data into the ISO toward
>> the end of the process?  (I did take a look and didn't find such an
>> option.) If not, what would be a good way to make this happen?
>
> Use %post in your kickstart script do accomplish this.

But won't that get put in the squashfs?

If not, then I don't understand something - maybe you can explain.

If so, then that's not what I want - I want the data to be available
outside the squashfs to e.g. Windows users that load the CD/DVD.

In the case that I can't add files to the ISO (outside the squashfs) from
the .ks, looking at the way package() is implemented, would you accept a
patch that adds a command-line argument that turns package from:

     def package(self):
         self.createSquashFS()
         self.createIso()
         self.implantIsoMD5()

into

     def package(self):
         self.createSquashFS()
         self.addFilesToIso()
         self.createIso()
         self.implantIsoMD5()

where addFilesToIso() looks at a command-line argument and merges a
directory's contents with the build_dir before the mkisofs is run in
createIso()?

That way, you could add files to the ISO outside the squashfs the way I'm
saying I want.  (But if this is possible in the .ks, then please enlighten
me.)

-- Asheesh.

--
<|Rain|> #define struct union /* great space saver */