[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Review? LiveUSB persistence

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Tue Feb 5 00:51:51 UTC 2008

Jeremy Katz wrote:

> Outside of those changes, everything looks pretty straight-forward and
> reasonable.  We'll want a little more error checking in
> livecd-iso-to-disk and it might also be nice to have another tool that
> lets you create your usb stick to use with the actual cd form (I did
> this by hand and it was pretty nice that I could easily get it
> working!).

I didn't really slow down and read this bit at first-  So you actually
used the livecd+usb form?  I probably tried that once when I first wrote
the code, but haven't even considered it since then.  I guess you must
have by hand added something like overlay=UUID=bla to the kernel
cmdline.  Of course the original incarnation of the patch supported the
syntax overlay=auto which would scan all drives.  But that code scares
my responsibility-averse nature, and I was happy to remove it when
focusing on the liveusb case.  And also there was a bunch of related
bash junk for dealing with finding multiple overlays.

-dmc

-dmc